Tuesday 4 December 2012

Saim Hann Army Completed

Hi Guys,

This is a back-post but I would like to just share with you my experiences of getting this army assembled and its first outing. Expect more current content after this.

Well I got the Saim Hann Army done in about 5 weeks after my initial post and was ready for NWG 2012. You can see the entire progress of the 2000pt project here http://w-ired.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3007.

What is NWG?

NWG stands for North Wexford Gamers and used to be the main wargaming club in south east Ireland. This has now been superseeded by a new gaming club called The Last Chancers (TLC). However NWG still holds an annual Warhammer 40k and Warhammer fantasy Tournament every year around late august/early September. I got the Saim Army done after crazy amount of hours put into my it. It really brought speed painting to a new level. I dont know if many of you have done similar but when your girlfriend/wife starts complaining that your project is getting more attention than them you know you are making good progress!

I think I finished around mid-table (10th) in the end and was happy on how things went. I also won players choice best painted award so I was over the moon for that.


For its first outing it did quite well as I had to learn the tactics pretty much on the spot which proved a challenge. I knew the individual units were quite weak however like most Eldar armies they cant take much punishment but can dish out a hell of a lot of fire power.

This was my list:

HQ



Seer Counsil
Farseer on Jetbike
Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Doom, Fortune, Ghosthelm, Witchblade, Shuriken Pistol
Warlocks x 5 on Jetbikes
3x Destructor, Enhance, Embolden, 2x Singing spears

Troops



Guardian Jetbike Squad #1
6x Guardian Jetbikes, 2 Shuriken Cannons

Guardian Jetbike Squad #2
6x Guardian Jetbikes, 2 Shuriken Cannons

Guardian Jetbike Squad #3
6x Guardian Jetbikes, 2 Shuriken Cannons

Guardian Jetbike Squad #4
6x Guardian Jetbikes, 2 Shuriken Cannons

Fast Attack



Vyper Jetbike Squadron #1
3x Vyper Jetbikes with Dual Shuriken Cannons

Vyper Jetbike Squadron #2
3x Vyper Jetbikes with Dual Shuriken Cannons



Nightwing Interceptor

Elites

5x Fire Dragons



Wave Serpent Transport
Dual Shuriken Cannon Setup, Spirit Stones

Heavy Support



Fire Prism #1

Fire Prism #2

What did I learn tactically?





I need to protect and be smart with my 4 Guardian squads.
The Seer Counsil is AWESOME!
People really fear Fire Prisms
The Nightwing is brokenly good
Vypers are under estimated these days

The army as a whole is very mobile and needs to concentrate its fire on a single point until its dead and then move onto the next target. The army itself isnt the easiest to play however when it comes together well it provides an abundance of fun.

Signing out..... Johno.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment